To turn my Elizabeth I dress into something a bit more royal, I decided to make an ermine cape.
I originally wanted to make a coronation robe like the one my inspiration painting (below), but since I only got scraps left from the dress fabric, I opted for a simpler (and more theatrical/fake) style.
An hour later the cape was finished.
What: A fake Ermine cape
Pattern: I drafted my own.
Fabric & Notions: 0,5 m white fake fur, 30 cm black fur trim, thread, hook and eye.
Time & Cost: 2 hours (1 hours to attach the black fur pieces), about 100 Sek (10 Usd)
Final Thoughts: Not one of my finest works, but it will do for its theatrical purpose.