I’m Åsa of
Fashion through Herstory
Seamstress and costuming nerd.
I’m a 35 year old, mother of two, educated seamstress, who’s been sewing for 15 years and specialized in historic costuming for the last 8 years.
I live in a small town in the middle of Sweden, making my living as a swim coach/lifeguard at our local swimming hall and gym.
My passion is female fashion from medieval times to about 1950s.
And I make anything from corsets, to suits, Hats and evening gowns.
I also starting to dab a bit into historical childrens clothing.
I started my blog back in 2014 as a means to record my newly found love for costuming. I have since then grew to both sell old costumes, stock items, arrange costuming events and taking on comissions.
I won’t tolerate antisemism, racism, anti Lgbtq+ statement on any of my platforms.
Don’t hesitate to contact me.
- 6 years of Tailoring & Patternmaking schools
- 2 Years selling and altering Bridal gowns
- 15 years of sewing womens clothes
- 8 years of making historical costumes
- 2 years of running a costuming buissnes
what i do:
- Sell costumes
- Make comissioned costumes
- Arrange Historical Events
- Hold costuming lectures
- Hold sewing classes