I’ve long wanted o make an early Italian Renaissance dress inspired by the series “The Borgias”
But it wasn’t until I remembered these two fabrics in my stash the design really took shape.A beautiful striped brocade I bought a whole bolt of for a steal about a year ago, and a dove grey/blue satin acquired on a fabric sale for about 5 Sek/m (it’, only 1,20 wide but for that price I could live whit that)
once all the pieces was cut I started working on the skirt. I stitched the panels together, leaving the center back open. Then I pinned and basted two different kinds of brocade trim to the front and along the lower edge. I also added some blue furniture band along the center front decoration.
Then I stitched the back shut and pleated the waist to the right measurement.
Then it was time for the sleeves.
After some hesitation I decided to cut the sleeves into two pieces each and to make them tied on, like the ones in my inspiration. experimenting with trimAll the pieces of the sleeves ready for decoration.
Then it was time for the bodice.Drafting the pattern