The inspiration was wast for the “Plastique Fantastique” and afters some sketching I finally decided on a model I wanted to make.
Jacket/Caraco and skirt combination.
The sewing went so fast and easy it I was bound to run into trouble…
As I discovered at the first fitting – The bodice is way to short.I guess the turquoise fabric I used for the mock-up must have been a two way stretch while the my plysch only stretches horizontally.
I finished the bodice by pleating the peplum at the sides and attached it, trimmed the sleeves with some plastic lace and decorated the front with purple ribbon bows.
As the final touch to my costume I bought a purple clown wig.
What: A 18th century inspired masquerade costume
Pattern: I drafted my own, using jersey pattern templates.
Fabric: 1 m flowery polyester plysch, 1 m purple polyester plysch, 0,5m white ply lace, 1m purple fake velvet ribbon, thread and a plastic belt buckle.
Time & Cost: Nothing – Everything came from stash. If new perhaps 150-200 sek (20Usd) (wig – 100sek [16Usd])
Final thoughts: I love it! Even though I had some trouble (Guess jersey’s not my kind of fabric) it came out really well. My only concern is the right side tipping of the skirt (and the fact it’s really short)