The days leading up to my planed “18th century Maid“photoshoot, I worked on getting all those small items and accessories in order.
Here are some of the things I made and used to get the look just right:
The leftovers from the jacket (part 1. & part 2.) I turned into a simplified version of a 18th century pocket. Cutting the pieces in front, back and strength fabric – all of which was almost unusable scraps to begin with.
It was such a quick project (took about 2 hours, once I figured out how I wanted it).
In hindsight I should have made bias tapes for the opening as well, but suppose I didn’t had enough fabric anyway.
I also made a new fichu, since I wanted something les fancy then my regular silk one.It’s basically a cut triangle, with hemmed edges.
I re-used my white apron, but shortened it about 12 cm to get it to fit lenght of the skirt.
I also used my “old” cap (made it a couple of months ago) paired with a orange/sierra ribbon.
The final touch was to ad a cross, which I bought on sale in January for about 10 Sek (1,6 Usd).