When the HSF challenge 5 – Bodice was announced I had no idea on what to make.
But reading about some of the other particapants ideas, gave me one of my own.
I have needed a corset cover for quite some time now – somehow a modern tank top don’t feel quite the same, even though I must say it does do a good job.
I decided to try to make the one to the left.
Then I cut the pattern in paper and tried it on my dressform.
Putting it once more on the dressform, I tought it looked rather big.
So I decided to take out about 8 cm in each side, thous making it more figure hugging.
The next thing needed to be decided was what kind of trim I wanted.
Just the facts:
Challenge: 5 – Bodice
What: A 1910s Corset Cover.
Pattern: Drafted my own.
Fabric: 0,5 m of cotton voile.
Notions: Thread, 8 buttons and 4 m of narrow lace,
Historical accurate: So so. The lace is polyester and the buttons are plastic, but the fabric is accurate. And I think it is to slim to really look accuarate. 5/10
Cost: Les then 100Sek (16 Usd)
Time: Way to long. About 8 hours.
First worn: I only tried it on so far, but hopefully I get a chanse to wear it at a Suffraget lunch in may.
Final thoughts: I regret taking in so much of the widht in the sides. The cover is very tight on me as it is, and I would have liked it to have a bit more space and drape at the front. I’t does look pretty though.