Last year I attended a class in “Pattern Constuction”.
For the final exemanation we where suppose to make (pattern and sew) something to challenge and push ourself. We would have about a month to design, pattern and sew the item.
And since I always make womens gowns I decided to try my hands at some menswear.
Since I don’t know anyone who would like a coat like this (and no, I wouldn’t even think of asking my boyfriend), I decided to make the costume to my own measurments.
I used a lovely brown wool with a nice strong but shapeable feel to it, and decorated it with lots of self covered buttons and suttage ribbons. (And since this was something I made before my blogging days, I sadly have no construction photos).
When the coat was finished I had 2 weeks left to deadline, and being me, I emedatly started working on a couple of other clothing items to make a mini collection. (Don’t worry, I will show you everything soon).
I decided to name my collection “Foxhunt”, and the day before the deadline, me and my sister went outside to take some pictures.