When the underwear was finished (A Cherry Blossom part 1) It was time to move on to the “real” garmnents.
I decided to make traveling outfit for the caracter of Anja. She and her family rides the train to get to their country estate, and I thougt it would be fun to create a ensamble to wear while traveling.
A design sketch of the shirt.
And a construction drawing of the shirt and hat, including fabric notes and details.
I used a nice cotton satin for the shirt and did pintucks, buttonclouser and lace decoration.
The finished shirt.
I also bought some modeling clay (cenitlera) and sculpted some bees for the bee-broch being mentioned in the play.
For headwear I bought a hat on an online auction.
Which I sprayed with silver paint and decorated with ribbons, lace and feathers.
Then I continued with the outer layer of the costume.
Construction sketch with fabric and stiching notes.
I drafted the pattern on my own, and used a purple cotton twill for the skirt and jacket.Cutting the pieces.
Then I decorated them with silver lace and buttons.
And then I asked my sitster to model the clothes.(She is wearing the shift, corset and bustle from my last post underneath.)
And a silly shoot.
My final costume design.
This outfit would be more than enough to conclude the shool project. But since I’m a bit of an over-achiver (if you haven’t noticed), I also decided to make a balgown for the caracter (which I will tell you about next time).