The party itself was located at some beautiful old buildings complete with dining room an dance hall. The guests were all dressed to their teeth in 18th century Turkish fashion, and everyone looked wonderful.
With the Bal a la Turque just one week away I finally decided what to sew – Nothing!
I will not make a thing, I will however do some alterations on a previous costume and add some new accessories.
When looking at the inspirational pics I really liked the flowing, layer on layer type of look, but also the more stylished robe a la Turque. Then I realized I had just the dress – made only three months ago.
My striped Zone front Anglaise.
A couple of quick sketches later I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and started on the alterations:
Then I made a pattern for the extra under sleeves, cut them in a white leftover linen I found in my stash.
But the dress alone don’t make a “Turque” – It’s all about the accessories…
I used the sash from my white 1900s Ariel dress and tied it around the skirt at hip level, securing it with safety pins. To mimic the mandtory white Turque sash.
Now its of to the bal…