2014 are at en end, and it is time to take a look at what this past year have brought – in terms of sewing.
A year ago I made a (quite long) list of all the projects I would like to make during 2014. I must say I did pretty well considered the amount of costumes I dream’t about doing.
Lets take a look…
1770s Jacket and Skirt
A 1780s petticoat and Robe Anglaise
a 1810s regency gown
a 1880s Bustle
and a 1850s evening bodice
1880s Steamunk outfit
1780s Robe Anglaise
This year I managed to make:
4 support garments (bustle, bumpad ect)
8 (and still counting) accessories
Not on the list:
I’ve also styled a few wigs and re-made several pair of pants, skirts, and two wedding dresses.
This year I also made some things I never tried before (but definitely will continue make) – baby clothes.
I also finally started a facebook page for this blog, where I will post lots sewing, costumes and progress pics.
Follow me at: www.facebook.com/blog.fashionthroughhistory
Well, what can I say, a year is a long time when it comes to planing and keeping an interest, and a short time when it comes to actually getting things done.
I’m however very proud of what I accomplished this year.