A couple of weeks ago I had my very first giveaway.
Thanks to everyone who particepated. It was really successful and one lucky winner got a pair of hand made mittens.
Inspirational Picture from The Mets
A bit late, but I manadged to finished them last night and now they are finaly on their way to their new home.
I used the pattern from “Costume Close-up” and made it a tad smaler since the mittens was supposed to be size S/M (this is something I also did on my original white/green mittens).
For fabric I used a nice linnen/cotton blend with a nice stretch to the bias.
For linning and the coloured decoration piece I used regular cotton fabric.Cuting out the pieces.
I started the assemely by basting, and stiching the folding of the center gore.
I used two differnet coluor cotton thread on this project – the white for internal seams and the blue for decoraional stiches.
I made the thumbs (sewed them together, felled the seams and decorated the top).Then I sewed them on.The inside/backside.
And from the outside/front.
Close-up of internal stiches. I think they look pretty ok.
When the tumbs and all of their decoration was done it was time to sew the mittens together. Then I trimmed and felled the seams, and hemmed all the edges.
In and outside of the mittens at this stage.
Then there was only the last decorational stiches left – on the top and bottom edges, and the three little rows on the backside of the hand.